I recently came across an interesting TIME article called, “Recession Shopping: 10 Things to Buy Right Now,” by Dan Kadlec. The premise of the article is that great deals can be found during times of recession, and smart spenders will capitalize on such opportunities while they’re still available. “Some things are getting cheap,” he declared, “but they won’t stay that way forever.” While Kadlec suggested investing in real estate and the stock market during down markets, which is rather intuitive, he also offered some more creative recommendations, like upgrading computer memory, buying furniture, and — of all things – purchasing a country club membership! Kadlec shared a 2009 National Golf Foundation statistic that nine out of 10 private clubs have offered initiation fee discounts or other specials to attract new members. Here at Garden of the Gods Club, for example, we have been offering a discount of 50 percent off the initiation fee for new Members who pay within 30 days of joining the Club — saving them thousands of dollars. As the economy begins to improve, such bargains are likely to disappear, and clubs may reach their membership caps… so now is definitely the time to join! Get in while you can.Read More
Love is in the air at the Garden of the Gods Club Spa & Salon! February is almost here, and to help you and your loved one celebrate the month of love, we are offering some romantic specials just in time for Valentine’s Day.
We invite you to come to the Garden of the Gods Club Spa & Salon and experience the many therapeutic benefits of a couple’s massage. During the month of February. we will be offering complimentary champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and books related to love with every 60-minute or longer couple’s massage booked.
Massage therapy is much more than just a feel-good, pampering luxury. Regular massage treatments can provide relief from stress and pain as well as promote relaxation and long-lasting effects for overall well-being. Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Recent studies have indicated that massage is helpful for:
- Stress relief
- Managing anxiety and depression
- Blood pressure control
- Infant growth
- Sports-related injuries
- Boosting immunity
- Cancer treatment
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, many people enjoy getting a massage because it often involves caring, comfort, and a sense of empowerment.
Now that you’re aware of the many healthful benefits of a couples massage, can you think of a better way to enjoy quality time with that special someone?
Call the Spa & Salon concierge at 719.520.4988 to book an appointment today!Read More
Phewww, we made it through another week! Not only that, but this weekend promises to be absolutely beautiful. According to weather.com, tomorrow will be a sunny, with a high of 62 degrees, and Saturday will be nearly as warm. So grab your dog, get outside, and stretch out those legs with a run, hike, or bike — or pull out those golf clubs and play a round. When the sun sets, head to a local sporting event or enjoy a show. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the fun events that will be in Colorado Springs this weekend:
- A Night of 1000 Laughs — Friday, Jan. 28, 7 pm, Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts (Palmer Lake). Tickets are $10 per person for TLCA members and $12 for non-members. Hosted by Warren Epstein, longtime entertainment editor for The Gazette, the event features five Colorado comedians. 481-0475, www.trilakesarts.org
- The Producers — Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Jan. 28-30, 7:30 pm, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center (downtown). Tickets range from $26 to $35. Debuting on Broadway in 2001, The Producers earned a record-breaking 12 Tony Awards, including Best Musical, starring Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. The show follows the adventures and misadventures of Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom, who set out to produce a full-fledged flop, “Springtime for Hitler,” and fleece their investors in the process. 634-5583, www.csfineartscenter.org
- Colorado College hockey — Friday, Jan. 28, 7:35 pm, and Saturday, Jan. 29, 7:05 pm, CC vs. North Dakota, Colorado Springs World Arena. 576-2626, www.worldarena.com.
- Air Force Academy hockey — Friday, Jan. 28, and Saturday, Jan. 29, 7:05 pm, AF vs. Canisius, Cadet Ice Arena at the U.S. Air Force Academy. www.goairforcefalcons.com
- National Ballet of Denver “Masterpieces of Classical Ballet” — Saturday, Jan. 29, 7:30 pm, Pikes Peak Center. Tickets are $28 to $76 each. (303) 860-1236, www.nationalballetofdenver.org
We wish you a wonderful weekend!Read More
TaylorMade is releasing two new drivers for 2011, the new R11 and the Burner 2.0 Superfast. Both models come in a TP version, and both versions will be available starting February 4th. The R11 (pictured at left) has 3D tuning, which allows you to make the following types of club adjustments:
- FCT, or flight-controlled technology, allows you to adjust the shaft where it meets the head of the of the club. You can adjust the club up to 1 degrees of loft and 2 degrees of face angle.
- An adjustable sole plate allows you to open the club face (2 degrees), close the club face (2 degrees), and adopt a neutral position.
- Movable weight technology, which allows you to adjust the club head’s center of gravity to promote a draw or neutral ball flight. Movable weight technology allows up to 20 yards of side-to-side technology. Ten grams of weight on the toe and one gram of weight on the heel create a neutral position. One gram of weight on the toe and 10 grams of weight on the heel promote a draw bias ball flight.
The Burner Super Fast 2.0 (pictured at left) has a club length of 46.50 inches, and the weight of the club is the lightest that TaylorMade has ever made, at 279 grams. You may be thinking to yourself, “What does this all mean?” This driver is able to hit the ball 20 yards further than TaylorMade’s most popular driver, the Burner “07.” The lower center of gravity is used to promote greater launch angle and a lower spin rate to promote distance. The face on this driver is the largest in golf, at 4550 cubic mm.
WHY MAKE THE CLUB HEAD WHITE?
- The white crown and black face provides optimum contrast against the ground to make the club significantly easier to align and aim.
- The white crown eliminates “hot spots” caused by reflected sunlight.
- The white crown makes the clubhead appear larger (2%) at address, boosting confidence.
If you have any questions or would like to pre-order one of these drivers, please feel to comment on this blog post.
Have a good week!
If you’ve been longing to get away to Colorado Springs for a weekend, now’s the time to turn your dream into reality. We’re excited to announce that our Lodge is being featured on Groupon Denver today! Click here to check out the great deal. You’ll find it easy to be a tourist for a day, with Garden of the Gods Park, Glen Eyrie Castle, Cave of the Winds, Flying W Ranch, and other popular Colorado Springs attractions located just minutes away. Or, if you’re one of those people who doesn’t like being overscheduled and prefers a more laid-back vacation experience, then you’ll enjoy relaxing on your Lodge room’s balcony or patio, or beside its fireplace, while taking in awe-inspiring views of Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods. We hope to see you soon!Read More