What to Expect from Your First Facial
If you’ve had enough of winter’s cold temperatures and gray days, chances are that your skin feels the same way. Wintry weather often leaves skin dull, dry, and longing for healthy color. If this sounds all-too-familiar, a facial might have your skin feeling up to par in no time. However, if you have yet to experience a facial, we want to let you know what you can expect, along with some of the benefits of receiving a facial. Read on to learn more.
• Anticipate having a conversation with your technician. Before your facial begins, you should anticipate having a conversation about your skin with your technician. “Even if this is a delicate topic for clients, it helps the tech to know how to effectively treat the skin,”Amanda Rigby, spa director at The Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club, said. “Clients should be ready to discuss any skin issues, such as dryness, acne, etc., as well as personal cleansing habits, how certain foods affect the skin, and more,” she continued. “It’s important that the client trusts the tech and that clear expectations are laid out before the facial. A client can even book a consultation ahead of time to talk about goals, objectives, and which facial is right for them.”
• Expect a very tactile experience during your facial. “If a client has never had a facial, he or she should be prepared for a variety of sensations, such as the light of the magnifying lamp or having the skin very closely examined,” Amanda cautioned. “Without preparation for such experiences, they can feel somewhat invasive,” she continued. “The overall experience will also depend on the type of facial received,” she advised. “For example, a deep cleansing facial will be a different experience that an aromatherapy or a deep-hydrating facial.”
• Realize that you may need more than one facial to achieve certain results. It’s important to have realistic expectations when it comes to the results of a first facial. “In order to obtain certain results, like anti-aging effects, a client may need a series of up to six facials,” Amanda said. “Our anti-aging facial is designed to correct the structural causes of aging and it often takes more than one treatment to see the desired results.”
• You can expect to see some instant changes. Although some goals may require more than one treatment, you can expect to see some changes with just one treatment. “Clients should notice instant tonality changes after the dry, dead layers of skin are sloughed off,” Amanda said. “Brighter and firmer skin are some other instant perks that clients may notice.”
• Expect a hand and foot massage. “While the mask is setting, the tech will provide a luxurious hand and foot massage,” Amanda said. “It’s a very relaxing experience.”
• Expect a variety of benefits to your skin. Besides being an excellent way to improve and maintain the skin’s health, facials also offer a wide mix of other benefits. “Facials provide a much deeper detox and cleanse than would be achieved at home,” Amanda said. “In addition to exfoliating to the first layer of the epidermis, facials also strengthen the skin’s collagen and elastin. Depending on the type of facial, results can range from dramatically tightening and firming to a reduction in acne-caused redness.”
If your skin needs a pick-me-up, consider treating yourself to a facial. And if you’ve never before received a facial, knowing what to expect will help make the experience a great one. If you need even more incentive to give your skin some TLC, our Spa & Salon is offering you the choice of any six facials in a row for 30% off the total. You can mix and match any six facials to meet your skin’s unique needs. If you have any questions or would like to book a facial, we encourage you to contact the Spa Concierge at 719.520.4988 or email@example.com. We look forward to helping you put your best face forward!