Things to Do in Colorado Springs This Weekend: June 8-10, 2012
Here at Garden of the Gods Club, we’re looking forward to another beautiful weekend filled with sunshine and warm temps! Many of our Members and Lodge guests will probably be lounging beside our infinity-edge pool or splashing around at our Recreation Center this weekend. A round of golf, a tennis match, or an invigorating hike or bike ride could also be fun options. If you’re looking for other ideas for how to create lasting memories with your family this weekend here in Colorado Springs, check out the local event highlights we’ve listed below. Have a great time!
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus: Dragons– Friday, 7 pm, Saturday, 11 am, 3 pm, and 7 pm, and Sunday, 1 pm and 5 pm, World Arena. Tickets $15-66.
- Baseball: Sky Sox vs. Sacramento — Friday, 7:05 pm (fireworks afterward), Saturday, 6:05 pm, Sunday, 1:05 pm, Security Service Field (formerly Sky Sox Stadium). Tickets $8-24.
- Southern Colorado’s Kids Fun Fest and Uncle Wilbur Opening — Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm, Acacia Park. Meet Curious George and Clifford the Big Red Dog, splash in the Uncle Wilbur fountain, jump in bounce houses, and enjoy live entertainment. Admission is free, and parking will be available for $1 all day in the city garage located on the corner and Bijou and Cascade.
- Museum Day — Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm, Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum and others. Similar to Smithsonian Day, this event encourages attendance at area museums. Coupons are available at all participating museums, as well as the website at coalitionofpikespeakhistoricmuseums.org. Just visit the website or your favorite museum for your coupon!
- Taste of the Springs™ — Saturday, 3 pm to 6 pm, Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado. Participating restaurants and beverage vendors will provide samplings of the best they have to offer. Coinciding with the tasting will be a silent auction and the “Wheel of Good Taste.” Tickets are $65 each, and reserved tables of 10 are available. For tickets or more information, contact Shannon Coker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-434-4682.
- 25th Annual Pikes Peak SUPERCROSS — Saturday, 5 pm, Norris Penrose Events Center. Qualifying starts at 5:00 pm and pro racing at 7:00 pm. Adult admission is $17, admission for children ages 6 to 11 is $5.00, and children 5 and under will be admitted for free. $2.00 off discount tickets are available at APEX Sports and Louie’s Pizza. For more information, call 719-331-6234 or visit pikespeaksupercross.com.
- 2012 Heuberger Subaru Starlight Spectacular– Saturday, 10:30 pm, Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center. 18th Annual Starlight Spectacular. This fun nighttime bicycle ride is suitable for all ages and abilities and traverses the city of Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods, and Old Colorado City. The ride begins and ends at Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center. Riders will be re-energized and entertained by themed rest stops. Upon returning to the Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center, all participants receive a hot breakfast and the opportunity to win great prizes. Registration $15-20.