Things to Do in Colorado Springs This Weekend: July 20-22, 2012
Happy Thursday to you! If you find yourself daydreaming about the weekend already, why not make those thoughts productive by starting to develop a plan for how to spend this precious time off? To make this easy for you, we have done our research and listed a few events happening in Colorado Springs this weekend that may be worth checking out. If there’s anything fun that we missed, let us know by leaving a comment on this post. Have a great weekend!
- Free Farmers Market — Friday, 2 pm to 6 pm, Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado. If you are a firefighter, first responder, evacuee, or someone who has become temporarily or permanently unemployed because of the fire, please head to Care and Share to receive what your community has so generously given to you. Fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, and dairy, as well as non-perishable meal boxes, will be available at no cost.
- Colorado Springs Sky Sox vs. Tacoma Rainiers — Friday, 7:05 pm, Saturday, 6:05 pm, and Sunday, 4:05 pm, Security Service Field (formerly Sky Sox Stadium). Root, root, root for the home team at a fun minor league baseball event. Tickets are affordably priced, starting at $8 each. The Friday night game will be followed by a fireworks display. To learn more, click here.
- Free Family Adventure Day- “Explore Outer Space” — Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm, Bemis School of Art (Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center). Treasure a day with your family, being creative! Enjoy demonstrations and hands-on art projects led by Bemis School of Art instructors. This event, open to all ages and skill levels, includes a free docent-led tour of the FAC galleries at 12:30 p.m. **Special Note on Parking** A parking permit is not required for the Bemis lot during Family Adventure Day hours. Free parking is also available in the lot on Dale Street; walk through the FAC to access the Bemis School of Art building.
- Kids on Bikes Free Family Ride — Sunday, 11 am to 1 pm, America the Beautiful Park. Looking for something fun and active to do with the whole family this summer? Check out the Kids on Bikes Family Ride. Everyone is welcome–all ages and all abilities, kids or no kids. The group will meet near the south side of America the Beautiful Park. The ride will go along the Pikes Peak Greenway for approximately one hour.
- “Honor Our Heroes Day” — Sunday, 12 pm to 10:30 pm, Bancroft Park (Old Colorado City). To honor the first responders who courageously helped battle the recent Waldo Canyon fire, Old Colorado City will be throwing a party of sorts, in the charming Bancroft Park. Festivities will include the following: a classic pig roast; music by The Jerry Roskin Band, Danny & The Fried Shrimp, The Old Dogs, and Susan Rissman & John Wise; and food from Front Range Barbeque, Jake & Telly’s Greek Taverna, Gotta Love It Kitchen, Weinberger’s, Little London Cake Shoppe, and Orchard Ovens Bakery. First responders will eat free. To learn more, contact Ginny Wesley at email@example.com or 719-337-8602.