Five Creative Nail Designs to Try This Fall
Creativity knows no bounds – even when it comes to creative nail designs. In fact, you may be surprised to learn that people have been coloring and designing their nails for more than 5,000 years! Nail design has a diverse cultural heritage, as the ancient Chinese applied enamel to their finger nails, the Indians used nail color derived from the henna plant, and the ancient Egyptians used nail color to signify a lady’s social class.
Fast forward to modern times, and creative nail design is as popular as ever. And, with fall just around the corner, now is a great time to indulge in a manicure while trying a new color or design for the new season. If you like to pamper yourself with a manicure or a pedicure, you will enjoy the following creative ideas for beautiful nails.
1. Strengthen your nails with shellac gel polish. If you want nail color that lasts for two to three weeks, shellac gel polish is an excellent choice. “Shellac gel polish with color additives provides a longer-lasting look that also strengthens the nails,” Amanda Rigby, spa director at The Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club, said. “One thing to keep in mind, however, is that manicures using shellac gel polish do require a bit of extra time to complete.”
2. Try bold nails with dimension. “One trend that we are currently seeing in nail design is a return to the bright colors and designs of the early 1990s,” Amanda said. “Bold colors with add-ons like rhinestones and stickers create a look that pops,” she continued. “This trend transitions from the end of summer into fall, because vibrant colors can either go well with summer or they can really brighten up a chilly fall day.” A Glamour beauty blog article recommends trying bright colors such chartreuse, gold, jade, hot pink, or orange for a look that transitions well into fall.
3. Sport fun polka dots. Have a little fun with your nail design this fall by topping your nail color with polka dots. You can add small dots without a mess by using a toothpick dipped in nail polish. For a neat design, try using complementary colors for your base color and your polka dot color. For color ideas, check out this color wheel.
4. Experiment with nail decals. “If your personality dictates a more subtle nail look, experimenting with decals is a low-key way to try something new,” Amanda said. “Applying just one decal to a single nail is very popular right now,” she explained. “If you want just a touch of dimension, this is a great way to go.”
5. Try the ombré manicure. If you have a hard time deciding on a nail polish color, why not wear two? The ombré manicure allows you to do just this. With this innovative nail design, one color blends into another color, creating a seamless transition between the two.
This fall, have fun with creative nail designs! Whether you opt for bold colors and dimensional additions like rhinestones or decals, or you prefer a classic, solid color, there are a variety of inventive ways to have your nails done. And, for the remainder of August, you can enjoy a fabulous discount on a Happy Hour pedicure at our Spa & Salon. Stop by the Spa & Salon between 4 pm and 7 pm any Wednesday through Friday in August, and you’ll receive 25% off our Bahama Mama pedicure, which incorporates luxurious FarmHouse Fresh products and includes a complimentary Bahama Mama cocktail. If you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule a manicure or pedicure, we encourage you to contact our spa concierge at 719.520.4988 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request an appointment by clicking here.