Fun Spring and Summer Events In and Around Colorado Springs
As the weather (finally!) begins to warm up, many residents of Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas look forward to a variety of fun festivals and events. For both residents and visitors alike, festivals and other events are a great way to enjoy art, music, education, wine, camaraderie, and other activities. This spring and summer, grab your family and friends and check out one of these events; you will have a blast!
1. Cañon City Music and Blossom Festival – May 2 – 5. The Cañon City Music and Blossom Festival is a longstanding city tradition, with the first recorded festival taking place in the 1860s. This eclectic festival includes a carnival, a parade (Sat., May 4), a variety of craft fairs, concerts, a 5K race, and marching band competitions. To learn more, click here.
2. 20th Annual Hummingbird Festival – May 11. Bird lovers will not want to miss this fun event! On Saturday, May 11, grab your family and head to the Starsmore Discovery Center in Colorado Springs. Children will enjoy arts and crafts, magicians, and educational booths. There will also be a silent auction, great food, and live bands. For details, click here.
3. 1st Annual Jackie Bullard Trail Run and Ranch Festival – May 11. This festival is put on by the Fight Against Melanoma Research & Education Foundation, and will take place at the Historic Triple B Ranch in Woodland Park. In addition to 5K and 2K trail runs, there will be a day even open to the public that will feature hayrides, arena rides, a bounce house, and more. Click here to learn more.
4. Passages: Experience the Bible Like Never Before – starts May 16. Passages is a “40,000-square-foot, interactive living-history attraction that chronicles the remarkable story behind the most-debated, most-banned, best-selling book of all time: the Bible.” This exhibit includes the world’s largest collection of rare biblical text and artifacts, interactive activities, rooms, games, and more. For more information, visit the Passages website.
5. Territory Days – May 25. This Labor Day weekend, visit nearby Old Colorado City for the historic Territory Days festival. With an “old west” theme, this festival combines live entertainment, food, crafts, demonstrations, and more to deliver a fun time. Click here for additional information.
6. Manitou Springs Colorado Wine Festival – June 1. If you are a wine lover, you won’t want to miss one of Colorado’s best wine festivals. On Saturday, June 1, visit Memorial Park in Manitou Springs to enjoy wine samples from 25 Colorado wineries, as well as delicious food and live entertainment. Click here for details.
7. Springs Spree – June 15. The Springs Spree has grown to become one of the most popular weekends in Colorado Springs, with a wide mix of food, music, and vendors. This festival will take place in Memorial Park in Colorado Springs. To learn more, click here.
8. Pikes Peak Celtic Festival – June 28 – 30. The first annual Pikes Peak Celtic Festival will take place in Memorial Park in Colorado Springs, staring on Friday, June 28. This festival will be a celebration of Celtic culture, featuring Celtic rock groups, traditional music, dancers, food, Pipe bands, and more. Click here for more info.
9. Pikes Peak Arts Fest – July 5 – 7. From July 5 – 7, art lovers of all kinds are encouraged to visit America the Beautiful park in Colorado Springs for the 9th annual Pikes Peak Arts Fest. This event is free to the public, and it features more than 100 visual artist booths. Stage performances and other activities will captivate those who are artistic at heart. Click here to learn more.
We hope you have the opportunity to experience one of these fun events! If you will be traveling through the Colorado Springs area in the near future, consider staying at the Lodge at Garden of the Gods Club, which is conveniently located within minutes of local family-friendly attractions such as Garden of the Gods, Rock Ledge Historic Ranch, Seven Falls, and Cave of the Winds. In addition to a wide array of popular area events and festivals, you and your family will enjoy incredible mountain views and an unusually spacious guest room or suite. To learn more about the Lodge, or to make a reservation, visit us online.