Fuss-Free Beauty Tips for Spring and Summer
With warmer days approaching here in Colorado, we have some great beauty tips to share that can easily be worked into an “on the go” lifestyle. Read on to get the scoop from Heather, a cosmetologist here at the Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club, and put your best face forward this coming season.
- Start with sunscreen. Heather reminds our readers that it’s always important to “be conscious of the sun’s harmful rays but especially during the spring and summer months, when we are outdoors more often.” She adds that UV rays are a leading factor in aging skin. Remember to apply sunscreen to your face and body before applying makeup or foundation. Heather recommends SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50, which is available at the Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club. This great product combines the power of sunscreen with color-enhanced technology, giving you water-resistant protection from the sun while also enhancing natural skin tone and boosting radiance.
- Take it easy on the eyes. When you are outdoors in the heat or taking a swim to cool off, the last thing you want to worry about is your eye makeup running down your face. Services like eyelash tinting and eyebrow tinting are great ways to enhance your eyes without makeup so that you don’t risk the embarrassment of unsightly running or smudging. In addition to eyebrow waxing, the Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club offers eyelash and eyebrow tinting to help you look your best.
- Finish off your look with a moisturizing spray. Infused with nutrients, Skin Authority’s Moisturizing Mist can help restore moisture to your skin. “This is a great product to moisturize your face before applying makeup,” Heather says, “for afterwards to set your makeup, and one can even spray it on throughout the day to refresh your makeup, allowing it to last longer.”
- Avoid chipped nail polish. Whether you are going on vacation or just have a busy summer lifestyle, the last thing you want is to worry about chipped nail polish. Try a Shellac manicure or pedicure. Shellac polish is applied just like regular nail polish; however, instead of air drying, your nails are placed under a UV light for about 30 seconds and voila!–your nails are DRY. Even better, a Shellac manicure or pedicure can last for up to two weeks without chipping.
- If the winter left your hair dry and lifeless, consider a conditioning treatment to restore your hair to its natural beauty and shine. Heather recommends Neuma’s neuSmooth revitalizing masque or neuMoisture intensive masque. Both products are available at the Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club.
- Remember to wash your makeup brushes. “Even if you are the only person to use them,” Heather explains, “dirt and bacteria can collect, resulting in breakouts and skin irritation.” She recommends the brush solution CLEAN by Mirabella, which is carried by the Spa & Salon at Garden of the Gods Club.
To learn more about any of the beauty and skin care products listed above, or to request an appointment with Heather or another talented Spa and Salon technician, please call the Spa Concierge at 719.520.4988.