Top 10 Summer Beauty Essentials
The summer is the perfect time for relaxing by the pool or kayaking on the lake and enjoying warm evening barbecues—but don’t let the heat and sweat of the outdoors throw a wrench in your beauty routine. Look your prettiest with our list of top 10 beauty summer must-haves.
1. SPF protection. Even if you never burn and you are able to get a sun-kissed glow in the summer, you should still wear sunscreen. SPF protects your skin from UV rays that lead to skin cancer and also wards off fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Cream eye shadow. It stays put longer than a powder shadow and won’t disappear or smudge if you get wet or sweat.
3. Glowing skin. If your face is the last part of your body to get some color, like many of us you struggle to give it a healthy glow that is even with your body. In the summer months, try using a tinted moisturizer underneath a powdered bronzer. This will give you the color you desire, without risking your skin health.
4. Body bronzer. If you have fair skin and worry that even a little sun will give you a burn, try a body bronzer. Beauty experts recommend applying the bronzer to areas of your body where the sun naturally hits, like your shoulders, chest/collarbone, and arms and legs.
5. Fresh scent. The smell of the outdoors can be glorious; however, body odor is not. If you are out and about all day, make sure to pack a fresh scented perfume or body spray with you when you need to freshen up.
6. Waterproof eyeliner. Go for liquid eyeliner because once it dries it won’t budge. An alternative is a waterproof kohl eye pencil.
7. Hair protector. Beach waves are sexy, but strands that are dry as straw and fading color are not. To fight these factors, wear a SPF hairspray or leave-in conditioner with heat protection and UV filters.
8. Waterproof mascara. To avoid raccoon eyes, invest in waterproof mascara. Nearly every brand comes in a waterproof version.
9. Lip stain. These are a great option for long-lasting color that is waterproof. Just wear under a gloss for continuous vibrant color all day long!
10. SPF lip color. We often forget about our lips, especially when it comes to sun damage. Add a hint of color and protect your lips by using a tinted balm with SPF.