Summer Outdoor Wedding Ideas
If you are planning a summer wedding or even need some ideas for a summer party, check out our list of summer outdoor wedding trends!
For Your Outdoor Ceremony
- Consider a winding ceremony aisle. It is unique and visually appealing, but it gives the bride a grand entrance when doors are not an option. Or bring the doors outside so the bride still feels like she is making a first appearance!
- Create a program that can open up or double as a fan, and hang one from each guest’s chair.
- Provide chilled bottles of water for your guests. Use your creativity to personalize the water bottle labels with your wedding logo (names, date, location, etc.).
- If you are getting married in the countryside, bug spray and sunscreen is a must! Set up a little table with these outdoor essentials so your guests can fully enjoy the day.
Festive Summer Bouquets
- Bright, colorful flowers are the perfect accent to a summer wedding. Try a bouquet of big yellow sunflowers or multi-colored roses. If it’s a tropical theme you want, use large birds of paradise.
- Try a brooch bouquet. You can collect brooches and pins from the women in your family to incorporate your “something borrowed” and you won’t have to worry about your flowers wilting in the heat.Easy
Easy, Breezy Summer Attire
- Stay cool in a tea-length dress, or if you prefer a floor-length gown, choose a light, breathable material.
- Choose bridesmaids’ dresses in a bright color, like yellow. Let each girl choose the style and shade of that color that suits her best. This allows everyone a say in what they wear yet maintains your color scheme.
- For the groom and groomsmen, think about a white or ivory tuxedo jacket over black pants instead of the classic black on black.
- Accessories for the reception—like fun-colored sunglasses or flip flops—are fun ways to help the wedding party and guests stay comfortable in the summer heat.
For Your Outdoor Reception
- Bring the indoors outside. Set up an outdoor lounge area with sofas, chairs, and coffee tables outside so guests have a comfy experience even in the great outdoors.
- Between the heat and the cocktails, guests can get easily dehydrated, so keep them hydrated with fruit-infused water.
- Tropical cocktails are a must!
- Incorporate summer treats, like popsicles or ice cream.
- Place a primping station near the porta-potties or restrooms—equipped with mirrors, hairspray, blotting papers, face wipes, bobby pins, etc.
- Jazz up a standard party tent with colorful side panels.
- Sparkle up the night with hanging café lights.
Creative Outdoor Send-Offs
- Light and release Chinese paper lanterns into the sky at the end of the reception with all of your guests.
- Have guests hold sparklers along the path to your getaway vehicle. (First get permission from your venue, as some venues—particularly those located in dry/windy climates—may not allow this.) A sparkler send-off will make for some great pictures!
As you plan for your wedding, remember to stay calm and enjoy every moment. The time flies, and before you know it your big day is upon you. If you are planning a wedding the Colorado area, keep Garden of the Gods Club in mind; the views are spectacular, and the food is delicious! For more information on booking your wedding or upcoming event at Garden of the Gods Club, please contact sales and catering manager Constanze Strader at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.520.4978.