Summer Recipe: Papardelle Pasta with Olathe Corn & Tomatoes
Today, Garden of the Gods Club Executive Sous Chef Carl McCartney shares one of his favorite recipes using sweet, locally grown, Olathe corn. We hope you enjoy this meal with friends and family. Bon appetít!
- 3 ears Olathe corn, shucked
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (substitute with baby heirloom tomatoes halved)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 lbs cooked Papardelle pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Asiago cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped or torn
- Cook corn in butter with the garlic. Add the tomatoes and wine and let simmer for one minute.
- Add cooked pasta, chicken broth, and scallions to the corn mixture.
- Toss in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, garnish the top of each plate with Asiago cheese and basil.
Garden of the Gods Club Members regularly enjoy delicious cuisine like the dish above as well as a variety of fun social events. To learn more about social/dining memberships at Garden of the Gods Club, we encourage you to contact Membership Director Tracey Kalata at 719.520.4980 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also take a virtual tour of the Club by clicking here.